/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm now officially 0-for-all-big-firms

Well, our case was finally settled for good last week. Those of you who know what I'm talking about and would like details are welcome to ask.

So now you're thinking "If the case is finished, then that means you can finally get a job with that firm!" Admit it; that's what you were thinking. I'm inside your head; I know these things.

Except, that thought is wrong. As I had begun to suspect, it's simply too late in the game, and they've given away all their spots. That's not wholly surprising. Every firm their size completed its summer hiring over a month ago. Why should this one wait an uncommonly long amount of time just for me?

Plus, I also noticed that they didn't actually say they would have made me an offer, had things been more timely. They said that all the spots had already been filled. So it's quite possible (likely?) that I wouldn't have gotten an offer anyway. That wouldn't be overly surprising either; no other firm has wanted me, why should this one be any different?

And the search goes on.

Song of the day: Boom Bip, "One Eye Round The Warm Corner"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home