/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

bookin' flights and savin' bucks

Last night, I was trying to schedule my plane ticket for my callback next week, and was having credit card difficulties. Turns out it was my own fault. Anyway, tickets were running $570! I didn't care too much, since I'm getting reimbursed, but still, I felt bad for making the firm pay that much. However, since my card wasn't working, I had to postpone until today.

Note that today is 9 days before the flight.

Today I got online, expecting the prices to have gone up somewhat, only to find that the going rate is now....

.... wait for it ....

$380.

Are you kidding? A two-hundred dollar decrease in one day, less than two weeks before the flight?

It's madness, I tell you. Madness.

Anyway, my credit card idiocy ended, I booked the flight at the favorable price, and everyone lived happily ever after.

The end.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home