/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Having no cash makes me a sad panda

So here's my dilemma:

I'm supposed to go downtown with some friends tonight. Generally, that requires money (unless you're a girl, then you make somebody else pay).

Except I have $4 in cash.
And $4 in my checking account.
But I have lots in savings!

I tried to transfer some over into checking so I could get it with my ATM card, but it was too late yesterday. I don't think it's going to post until Monday.

So, does anybody know of a place where they let you get cash back when you write a check?

UPDATE: One of my roommates was willing to trade cash for a check. (To paraphrase Mr. Wimpy, "I'll gladly pay you next week for some cash today....") Crisis averted.

2 Comments:

  • So did you have fun in DC last night. What did you do?

    By Anonymous KAM, at 8/07/2005 03:49:00 PM  

  • We ended up going to a burger joint called Hamburger Mary's, where we had 1/2 pound burgers that fill you up for hours. After that, we went to a piano bar in Georgetown called Mr. Smith's. It was a good time.

    By Blogger Scott, at 8/07/2005 04:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home