/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Yeah, I know, there haven't been many personal posts lately. Don't feel too sad about that, though. The personal posts would have been just me whining anyway. And think about it -- it wouldn't be much fun for you if every time you pulled up the page, there was some depressing rant featured at the top.

I will talk about this, though: I finally got new sheets for my new bed. They're not cotton, either. They're made of modal, which is a fabric made from the beechwood tree. It's inexplicably soft, more absorbent than cotton, and stays cooler throughout the night. I recommend them. Go get some.

4 Comments:

  • so are they more expensive than cotton ones?

    By Blogger Erin, at 7/13/2005 09:05:00 PM  

  • Not more expensive than good cotton sheets. These were cheaper than the 350-count cotton sateen sheets I would otherwise have gotten.

    By Blogger Scott, at 7/13/2005 09:20:00 PM  

  • How about write some on the move? What was it like to relocate within the big city?

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 7/13/2005 10:16:00 PM  

  • Hey, Logan, I can write a little about that. It was a lot of. . . load the van, unload, load, unload, load, unload. . . And a lot of vertical -- no more than two rooms on any of three floors from the place leaving, nor on four floors on the place where they are now. But, there is an outdoor balcony/patio on the top floor where they are now. Awesome! And another redeeming item to this --- there was a Dunkin' Donuts between the two locations.

    The main fun in the move for me was the drive on Sunday night to the Adams-Morgan district (night spot in the District --- Manhattan people, picture Aggieville on a much larger scale) --- where Joe, Matt, and I went in the 15-passenger van to find a futon that was found on-line at a great bargain price (truly, it was). Hauled it down the stairs from above a night-spot and half a block down the street, then Matt and I walked a quarter-mile away to where we initially parked, to bring the van to where Joe was guarding the futon, and we illegally parked in a bus-loading zone to load the futon. Record time loaded and out of there!

    WDC -- I love this country!

    By Anonymous dod, at 7/14/2005 01:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home