/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Sleep -- as elusive as a greased Republican

Finals are over, and I still can't sleep. I had hoped this problem would go away after the exam stress is relieved, but apparently no dice. I don't know what I'm going to do when my pills run out.

Instead I'll just ramble for a while. Joe found a new roommate to replace Neil, who's leaving at the end of the month. I don't know much about the guy, other than that his name is Joe and he'll be interning on the Hill this summer. So in the fall, we have to find someone else again. I don't think that'll be too hard though.

The Wizards won! They haven't been to the second round of the playoffs since I was less than a month old. Now they get the honor of losing to the Heat. Washington's not bad, but they can't run with Miami, at least not for a 7-game series. Miami will win it in five.

The O's won too. Not a big surprise, since they were playing KC, who's fighting with Colorado for the "worst record in baseball" distinction. Seems like just a couple years ago that KC was making a run at the AL Central title. Oh wait, that was just a couple years ago...

I still need someone to go to the game with me tomorrow, but it looks like that won't happen. It's a shame, too -- Bruce Chen is facing Jose Lima. Pitcher's duel? Nah -- but it'd still be nice to see. Plus I haven't been out to OPACY yet this year.

I still haven't heard from MCI. It's seriously getting frustrating now. I'm about thisclose to just telling them to forget it. Besides, if they really wanted me, it wouldn't be so hard for them to make up their minds.

I didn't hear from Justice at Stake this week either. Whatever.

But I got two care packages this week! Hooray! Thanks Diane and Faith LWML!

Mmmm brownies....

5 Comments:

  • How's the adsense doing?

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 5/07/2005 01:45:00 AM  

  • $20.98, an average of $2.33 a day. I'm only getting 41 views and 8 clicks a day. I still need more readers.

    By Blogger Scott, at 5/07/2005 10:46:00 AM  

  • We all need more readers...

    Have you called MCI? Written them a follow-up thank you for the interview note?

    Hopefully, you'll hear from them soon!

    Hugs and Love

    By Blogger Mela, at 5/07/2005 11:56:00 AM  

  • Yes, and of course.

    By Blogger Scott, at 5/07/2005 11:59:00 AM  

  • Then they're stupid jerks who don't realize that they're losing out on the chance to employ a really great, hardworking, ethical sort of guy. Fools! I shall destroy them all!!!! *evil laugh*
    <.<
    ^.^
    >.>
    v.v

    Oh. Sorry. Their loss, I guess.

    By Blogger Mela, at 5/09/2005 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home