/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

News On The Employment Front

After an evening of accomplishing very little studying (which may or may not end up to be a really poor decision), I feel less doomed than I did earlier. So, now I shall pass on another piece of information which many of you will be interested to read:

I got a job offer (or two) today!

To be precise, it's one firm offer, and one mostly-firm offer. They're both from professors. The firm offer is from a professor who needs help writing a family law textbook, specifically sections on child custody, division of assets, and other divorce-related issues. The mostly-firm offer is from one of the professors I had last semester, who does mostly clinical work. He needs help with the clinic, plus some help preparing for a class next year.

I know, it's not MCI, but it's something.

I'm slowly and reluctantly realizing that MCI probably won't happen. If it were going to happen, surely they wouldn't be dragging it out this long. I feel like it's a game of chicken -- who can hold out the longest? Supposedly they were now going to give me an answer "the early part of this week."

*looks up* Nope, no flying pigs.

So if there's a snowball with the name Beelzebub on it, I'll jump at MCI. Otherwise, I'd like to take a position with both professors. The family law casebook is only 15-20 hours a week anyway. Plus they're both paid!

4 Comments:

  • Good to see you're getting some options. It's not what I think you deserve, but if people got what they deserved, well then, *Insert Bush joke here.*

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 5/03/2005 11:25:00 PM  

  • I believe in a God who burns Bushes.

    Sorry, bad joke.

    CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT!!! *insert balloons, streamers, and annoying noisemakers here* Even though I think you should be working at MCI (and who knows, my current job told me they'd call 'within two weeks' and it was another MONTH before they got back to me. They called me at the beginning of May, I interviewed the next week, and I didn't get called back until June 23rd! Sometimes, no matter how quickly they want to hire someone, there are mitigating circumstances that prevent them from doing so immediately. Because I totally thought I wasn't get the job at KSU, and I did! And it's a great job. So just hang tough, okies?

    Hugs and love...

    By Blogger Mela, at 5/04/2005 10:33:00 AM  

  • Just as I was reading Mela's comments, a show about forest fires came on TV.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/04/2005 11:31:00 AM  

  • That's hilarious. Of course, the my joke is rather a play on words...there's a reason 'Bush' is capitalized...

    By Blogger Mela, at 5/04/2005 02:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home