/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Friday, May 06, 2005

Catch-up post

Oy. It's been a while since I posted. I shall catch up with a quick evaluation of recent occurrences:

My civ pro exam yesterday was ridiculously easy. That is bad. Why? Because in law school, the class grades are on a curve, which is normalized to a pre-set mean. So, my grade is somewhat dependent upon my performance, but is heavily dependent on other people's performances. The better they do, the worse I do, and vice-versa. So an easy exam is bad, because everyone will do well, and all the grades will be clumped together. Bad times. 3/10

Afterward we busted out champagne, and then went out to celebrate the end of the first year. 8/10

This morning, however, was Very Bad Times. 0/10

I went to a meeting for all of the people that are going to be helping with the family law textbook. It was interesting, in a neither good nor bad sort of way. I got some good direction and guidance, plus my assignment. I'm going to be working on (and probably writing) the chapter on division of marital assets during a divorce. I'll start that... tomorrow. 7/10

I filled out the paperwork so I can get paid (10/10!!), but they wanted two forms of federal ID, or a passport. I don't carry my passport with me (duh), and ever since the picture thing in my wallet broke, I haven't had my social security card either, so I couldn't get things finalized. Maybe I should start carrying my SS card around again (no, not that SS). No big deal though, I'll just finish things up next week. 5/10

Then I came home and took a nap. 9/10

So altogether, my last couple days have averaged out to a 6.3/10. Still a D-. Crap.

**EDIT**

The post office finally did their jobs, and delivered a box of yum yums from Diane! W00t! 10/10

2 Comments:

  • You need to figure in 10/10 again for the continuity of summer.

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 5/06/2005 05:46:00 PM  

  • And I think the fact that you get to come home soon should rate an 8/10 at least.

    Good to hear mom's package got there. Sorry we missed each other last night. I wasn't in a very good mood either...

    By Blogger Mela, at 5/07/2005 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home