/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Sword of Damocles has just been renamed "The Sword of Con Law"

So a bunch of us got together for a review session today, to go over an old Con Law exam. It became evident in a hurry that I wasn't ready.

When you forget that "legislative standing" even exists as a concept, it tends to scare you somewhat.

So I came home, looked a bunch of stuff up, and eventually found myself at Dunkin Donuts, re-reading all of my notes, plus my old Con Law book from K-State (Fliter's class is fantastic, by the way), and a commercial BAR/BRI outline.

By the way, if anyone can tell me whether an in-state resident can sue for a privileges and immunities violation, I'd be most appreciative.

I've figured something out: I get about 40% more work done at Dunkin Donuts than I do at the library, and about 100% more than I do at home. I think it has to do with the large caramel latte (two shots of espresso, baby), plus the fact that the vast majority of people that come in there aren't speaking English. All of the white people go to the Starbucks a few blocks away, but that's considerably more expensive. So at Dunkin there's plenty of activity and conversation going on, but I can't really pay attention to it, because despite two years of high school Spanish, I understand painfully little of it.

Not that I expect any of you to care about my premier study location.

I would, however, appreciate any wishes of good luck for my exam tomorrow, and any condolences you may have after it mercilessly drives me into the ground like a railroad spike.

3 Comments:

  • Kick that test's ass, dude. And then put on a mask and gloves and beat the crap out of the professor, too.

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 4/27/2005 11:31:00 PM  

  • Yeah, I need to stop blogging when I'm in a violent mood. Sorry.

    Good luck with the exam.

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 4/28/2005 12:52:00 AM  

  • Pobre Scott...

    I hope your exam goes most excellently, bro. And I agree, Logan needs to stop posting when he's in a violent mood. Baka!

    I still <3 you, and I hope you get lots of studying done, although that wish is probly close to pointless now...

    By Blogger Mela, at 4/28/2005 05:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home