/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Away From Home

Friday, April 29, 2005

Employment status: Still unwanted

So I was supposed to get a call from MCI today about the interview I had with them three full weeks ago. It's now end-of-business, and no call.

I also had a phone interview with Justice at Stake, a nonprofit advocacy group on behalf of an independent judiciary. There's certainly lots for them to work on these days. Anyway, the interview was going well, I thought. Seemed like there'd be a good amount of substantive work, not only in the realm of legal research, but also in public policy. Plus the interviewer was using positive language, and a couple of times referred to "who you'll be working with," rather than "who you might be working with." So I was feeling pretty positive.

Until we were concluding, and she said "we'll be letting you know sometime next week."

I've heard that before, and every time, it meant that I didn't get the job. In fact, most times, not only did I not get the job, but I had to play phone tag to even get them to say it. Hence my rapidly-waning optimism about MCI.

I'm literally 10 days away from the date I should begin working, and I still don't have a job. Even people I know who have sub-3.0 grades have jobs, and I only missed being named Thurgood Marshall Scholar by 0.03 points.

So it goes.

1 Comments:

  • If you give up, you're guaranteed not to get anything.

    If you keep trying, your chances increase exponentially.

    And if I keep talking like this, I'm probably going to choke to death on the optimism.

    By Blogger Logan C. Adams, at 4/29/2005 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home